Heart of the City Tour (South City)
Tue, Thur, Sat @ 11:00 am
Easy / Medium - 12mi or 19.3km
English & Spanish
Discover the birthplace of Argentina standing beside the oldest national monument found directly in the center of May Plaza (Plaza de Mayo). The center stage for any demonstration, it's no wonder why most historical events happened right here in this very spot. Along the way we visit colorful La Boca, historical San Telmo and rich Puerto Madero. Bondiola (pork) sandwich and yerba mate are included! Group tours leave every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 11:00 am.
Maximum 10 people per group tour so reserve your spots today!
• Bilingual guide(s)
• Bicycle - beach cruisers with comfy seats
• Bell, basket and helmet
• Lunch - Bondiola (pork) sandwich at Parrilla Mi Sueno - Vegetarian options aswell!
• Yerba mate - traditional customary tea
• Rain poncho just in case!
• Although we ride at an easy and comfortable pace, we ask that you at least know how to ride a bike. Should you feel uncomfortable riding a bike, we may require you to ride a bit more before assuring that you're comfortable with the bike before the tour begins.
• We only cancel tours in the event of heavy rain, in which case we reschedule your tour for the next day.
• Must be 15 years of age or older to ride.
• Private Tours are also available upon request with an additional charge of US $50 per group.
• Groups of 5 or more must pay online in advance to reserve.
Check out our other available tours below:
- Stand in the heart of the city - Plaza de Mayo and learn of its history
- Try traditional yerba mate by the river before stopping for lunch at a parrilla in Puerto Madero
- Breathe the fresh air while riding through the Ecological Reserve hidden in Puerto Madero
- Catch a live tango show in Plaza Dorrego - one of the cities' oldest plazas in historic San Telmo
- Surround yourself by the colorful buildings of La Boca as you walk down famous Caminito
- Enjoy a fun, creative and informative tour led by expert bilingual guides
Starting at 11:00 am (please don't be late) in San Telmo, we go over a complete orientation introducing you to your fully-equipped bicycle (each one has its own name), your tour guide (groups of 8 or more get 2 guides), and each other. We then make our way through San Telmo into Lezama Park - the border of La Boca (also the first place for any settler to step foot in Argentina). Along the way, we stop and tell the stories behind the most fascinating parts of the city including plazas, parks, buildings, stadiums, ecological reservations and more. We have at least 5 stops that we get off the bikes to explore areas on foot, eat Argentine asado, try yerba mate, buy antiques, talk with locals, listen to live music, & much more!
• No fees for last-minute changes
• Instant booking in minutes
• 100% money back if not satisfied