Sundays @ 1:00pm
Easy / Medium - 8.4mi or 13.5km
Arts in Architectour is a presentation of Buenos Aires' buzzing culture of arts through the beauty of its buildings. You will hear how and why the city got its inspirational art noveau avenues, express the eclecticism of its institutions, dive deep down into its art deco alleys, and cycle between colonial schools and cathedrals to get the meaning of what modernism in "Latin Paris" is all about. This tour is available every Sunday at 13:oo leaving from San Telmo.
Maximum 6 people per group tour so reserve your spots today!
- Compare the mighty skyscrapers of modern Puerto Madero to the oldest buildings of San Telmo
- Enter the luxurious Faena Hotel & Universe - an old factory remodeled by the famous Phillipe Starck
- Pedal across the widest avenue in the world - 9 de Julio and stop to marvel at the notorious obelisk
- Discover a secret house hidden in the city canopy and it's unique inspiration
- Cycle from Colon Theatre to see the cúpulas of Congress and historic May Avenue
- Enjoy a fun, creative and informative tour led by expert bilingual guides
• Bilingual guide(s)
• Bicycle - beach cruisers with comfy seats
• Bell, basket and helmet
• Yerba mate - local traditional tea
• Rain poncho & gloves - just in case!
Starting at 13:00 (please don't be late) in San Telmo, we go over a complete orientation introducing you to your fully-equipped bicycle (each one has its own name), your tour guide, each other and a quick 101 in architecture terminology. Starting from the oldest neighborhood of Buenos Aires, we head straight for Puerto Madero (newest part of the city) to compare colonial buildings with the contrasting modern skyscrapers found in the port. Along the way, we stop and critique the styles of the most fascinating buildings, bridges, churches, monuments, obelisks and theaters that BA has to offer. We have approximately 4 full stops in which we get off the bikes to explore areas on foot, sample local foods, drink yerba mate, enter luxurious hotels and more!
• Although we ride at an easy and comfortable pace, we ask that you at least know how to ride a bike. Should you feel uncomfortable riding a bike, we may require you to ride a bit more before assuring that you're comfortable with the bike before the tour begins.
• We only cancel tours in the event of heavy rain, in which case we reschedule your tour for the next day.
• Must be 15 years of age or older to ride.
• Private Tours are also available only on weekends with an additional charge of US $50 per group.
Check out our other available tours below:
• No fees for last-minute changes
• Instant booking in minutes
• 100% money back if not satisfied